Flicker Danger 2.0by MissedMyUlti
Welcome to OB44/Season 1! Initially, i was super disappointed that Hi-rez decided to seal away the Wormhole temporarily. I thought this patch will be an indirect nerf of Evie since we won't be able to use Wormhole at least until we get it back. But then i realise it doesn't matter which legendaries you pick on Evie, she'll be insanely strong. Because she can be played in so many different ways. So, i'll build another deck based on each of her legendaries. We'll start with my personal favorite Wormhole based.
3 main cards of this deck; Flicker, Teleport, and Swift Witch. The other 2 more like player preferences (My preferences. So do the point distributions on each card). With Wormhole in hand, we can do the infamous Evie's blinking trick that allows us to blink deep into enemy backline, pew-pew some snow flakes, then blink back to safety.
- Flicker IV: Flicker is a must 4 points card. Combine with Wormhole, it's our only tool to deal with her extreme squishyness. I believe Flicker is a mandatory in every build we're gonna run. In this build, Ice Block becomes our last effort to stay alive. That being said, we shouldn't Ice Blocking too often in a game. If we find ourself using our last effort a lot, we might do something wrong.
- Swift Witch III: Increased flight speed has 2 advantages on both defensive and offensive purposes. It makes her harder to get shot while airborne, and also easier to chasing down low hp target. Swift Witch can always be swapped with Great Distance if we prefer increased duration on Soar.
- Teleport III: I really used to 50% blink range because i always feel above that will be waaay too far. But i decided to give it an improvement since i got more points to spare.
- Killing Frost I: Is my filler card just so i can be more mobile with my soar after getting myself a kill.
- Cold Acclimation I: also another filler which can also be swapped for other card like maybe Impact for cooldown reduction upon elimination, or maybe Keep Moving for extra mobility, or even Cold Blooded to reduce ice block cooldown even it's just 1 sec. But in my opinion, Cold Acclimation is always the most useful 1 point card we can have in any deck since it prevents me from beating myself up.
For item pickups, i really like to go Cauterize first in order to break any healing factor, and kill faster. Mainly because i want to be more on offensive, i prioritize Cauterize to be maxed out in this one. It's simply best damage item we can get. Why? It cuts down ANY healing effect whether as part of the champ, from loadouts, or even from healing items (Rejuvenate, Veteran, Life Rip. Still unsure about Kill to Heal).
The next item pickups, you guess it; situational. Read the flow of a game and find out what we need best to survive out there, which item we need to pick to make something happen. It can be Haven to reduce single targeted projectile damage, or maybe Blast Shields when we're playing against enemies with AOE projectiles. If the damage types are combination of both, figure out which Champions give us hardest time to deal with.
Take Kill to Heal, or Life Rip if we want more sustain while wrecking our opponent's face. Veteran is also a decent option because Evie can disengage combat without any problem. I won't recommend Rejuvenate though since we will spend most of our time roaming solo on the map away from supports.
My Favorite utility item on Evie is always Chronos. Reduced cooldown can make her even peskier than she has ever be. But for utility, it's more situational pick. Sometimes i also like to pick Master Riding to take more aggresive flanking route while still on my mount.
Evie is an extremely mobile champ, and yet extremely squishy aswell. She's meant to be played aggresively throughout a game, the one who'll always put a lot of pressure on enemy's backline. For those who are new on playing this Winter Witch and finding trouble to land her slow moving snowflakes, i can only give this suggestion; learn how to predict where the enemies are going to move. Her projectiles are kinda like Drogoz's, but slower. Most of the time, Evie relies on them moving towards her snowflakes.
Don't be affraid to play dirty as Evie. Do some poke damage from awkward angle, blink on top of them, get up close and personal then nuke them out of nowhere when they're not looking at you. Her snowflakes will deal 1116 damage for 4s after blinking. Since she can do back-to-back blink, that duration of damage amplification will expand to 8s. Blink here, soar there, be everywhere around the map.
Lastly, please note that this build is based on my preferences. I don't know best way to play Evie aside from never stop roaming, i just know how to play her in some different ways. Keep trying, keep testing, keep flanking. Good luck have fun!